The method of using vinegar and brown paper to heal swelling, bruises and sunburn was so successful and well known that it was immortalised in the nursery rhyme above.
To try this yourself at home you’ll need to get some brown paper which you can either buy in rolls, or use a carrier bag, or brown paper bags from your grocer’s shop.
- Tear the paper into 6 squares and place in a pan.
- Pour over the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is the best to use as it has healing qualities.
- Put the lid on the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. The paper should absorb the vinegar without going all mushy.
- Carefully take the paper out of the pan when it’s cooled enough to handle, and wrap the layers of paper around the affected part.
- Leave in place for at least twenty minutes, or if you prefer, wrap around with clingfilm and a bandage and leave in place for a few hours.
Repeat as often as necessary until the bruising or swelling has subsided.
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Natural Fertility Tips
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- 10 tips to increase fertility
- Emotions and Fertility
- Stress and Fertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Ear Infections
- Colds and Flu
- High Blood Pressure
- Head Lice
- Scarlet Fever
- Tissue Salts in Pregnancy